1/03/2007

Preliminary Training

I started a month of preliminary training on the below schedule.

Mon-Off
Tues-3 Miles
Wed-4 Miles
Thurs-4 Miles
Fri- Off
Saturday 3 Miles
Sunday 5 Miles

At the beginning of February I start the schedule of cranking up my mileage every week.

I have not run with a watch since I strained my calfs back in August. I read that somefolks after they recover push themselves too soon and reinjur themselves. I wore my watch last night and ran 3 Miles in 32:40! I new I had slowed down, but not that much. Before the injury I could run 5 miles in 45 minutes which was pretty good for me. I have a long way to go.

I am thinking on a few days this month going to the gym and run on a treadmill and then add a stair machine and an illiptical machine for better conditioning.

2 comments:

IronWaddler said...

Plan looks great! Don't overdo it!

Phil said...

Good luck with the race Adam. Good to see you have taken the plunge. Hope all goes well :)