1/15/2007

Training in Japan

Found out the other day that I have to go to Japan for business purposes. My company's HQ is in Tokyo, and plants all over the country. I leave Feb 3rd on a Saturday morning and after 16 hours of flying time I land in Tokyo Sunday at 5:00 PM.

I worked there for 6 weeks a couple of years ago. Its actually a pretty cool place. Despite what some people hear, they just don't eat rice and raw fish. As long as you like to try different things, you won't go hungry.

Unfortunatley that is the first week of my true training for the half marathon. I'll take my shoes and with me. It will be interesting to see how it goes. My counterparts always want to go out at night to eat and drink.

2 comments:

[rich] said...

That sounds like a dream come true :-) amazing! I'd love to go to Japan, also being able to run there too...COOL! Make sure you pack your camera and get plenty of snaps.

What plan have you got going for the half?

Turner said...

Some advice on running trails for you - go around the Imperial Palace Moat in central Tokyo. It's about a 3.5 mile course. You can also go through Yoyogi Park in Harajuku- a nicer, more relaxed area.

Gaijin on the Run