1/26/2009

Brrr II

I was supposed to run 5 miles Saturday but I took the advise from my calves and laid off. They have been sore the past couple of weeks off and on and since 9 miles was scheduled for Sunday.....I felt an extra rest day was in order.

Out at 4:30 PM. I started to go at 5:00 AM, but it was 17 degrees with the wind gusty, no thank you. I wore some under armor(UA) leggings with a pair of UA warmups over those. 2 tops with my Steelers cap and gloves. It was about 28 degrees with the wind blowing, but I got a little sweaty the first 4 miles. After I swung around and headed toward my house the wind was in my face and my run really turned into a suck fest. I was wearing a hoody so I pulled the hood over my head and pulled the strings where the only thing you could see was my glasses.

The last 3 miles it had to be 25 degrees with the wind gusting about 10-15 MPH. I ended up at a 11:40 pace which I know can mainly be attributed to the weather. I kept on thinking that in August I will be looking back on this run with envy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eeek, hate those cold runs. Way to get out there and get it done!